Monday, February 7, 2011

Wedding Quilt






A few weeks ago I was able to finish my Nieces' Wedding quilt.  It was so much fun to piece and quilt my own quilt for family.  We started a tradition 20 years ago making quilts for each family member that got married.  For many years we tied these quilts and watched them shift and fall apart as they became only 5 years old.  By the time my youngest siblings got married I refused to tie anymore beautiful tops.  I took donations from family to pay to have them quilted.  I am now in the process of rescuing these tops and quilting them.  Janell's Turtle/Hawaiian quilt in on the machine right now.  It has been sitting in a bucket for several years.  The sewing itself has held up well.  Now it will last a life time of use and washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment