Friday, December 16, 2011

Two More QOV







 These two quilts were sent to me from the Wenatchee area.  They are called string quilts.  You start with several squares, then you draw an inch on each side of the center diagonal.  Sew a strip using the pencil line as your guide.  Press the fabric strip over this seam.  Sew the next strip onto that last strip.  This gives you a square with your base fabric as the center strip.




On the Blue center quilt I did a Stars and Stripes Log Cabin type of quilting.  With a border of Heart and Stars.  The Yellow center quilt I did an all over USA pattern.  

These are very quick and accurate quilts to enjoy making.  If you want to make these and others like it I made my first one from one of my favorite websites quiltville.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment