Sunday, April 28, 2013

Baby Quilts

It has been baby season again for me.  So many special little spirits coming to this world.  The first quilt is for a Mom that doesn't want as much pink and is more of a teal Mom.  I had a beautiful minky with teal spots.  Add a little purple, brown and white and you have a very feminine baby girl quilt.


The bubble echo the spots on the back.

I love bubbles on baby quilts.


The next baby blanket is for a special little guy.  The Minky I have is brown with tan animals.  I love greens and blues for this minky.  I cut 15 in squares and stacked them up.  I cut irregular lines vertically, shuffled the fabrics then sewed them back together.  After pressing I cut the fabric horizontally, shuffled, then sewed them back together.  Here are the results.



Stack and Whack squares.

I added the baby's name in the corner

Lion

An elephant with a bird perched on his back.







No comments:

Post a Comment