Sunday, April 21, 2013

QOV's Well done

These QOV tops were probably my top 10 of all time QOV quilt tops.  They were a pleasure and an honor to quilt.
On this quilt I used a Page Turner method of quilting

The waves meet in the middle
ON this quilt you can see the the original square from 4 patch to 4 patch but I wanted to emphasis the smaller squares on point. 



I quilted the quilt squares as a Page Turner 

The centers of each block meet in the middle with stars surrounding 



The flying geese have a star treatment but I wanted the seams to reflect the P2P arches in the large squares
The border is a star and strip treatment.

This quilt is a piece of art.  It reminded me of a Civil War quilt that I had done so I used the clam shells and clam shell with a star to complete the quilting.  
Here you can see the star in the middle of the clam shell.

Once again the Star.  Clam Shells are very traditional in a period quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment